Running property reports is one of the most valuable tools on the FarmlandFinder platform. Full reports that used to take anywhere from days to weeks, now can be done in under 5 minutes. Running these reports is simple, instant, and online to help save you time & resources. Here is how to perform a property report in your Enterprise portal on FarmlandFinder.
1. Start by clicking “Get Property Report” near the top right corner of your Enterprise platform.
2. You will now be at the map view to begin your report. There are a few ways you can search for the property.
- You can search by Section-Township-Range or by the parcel ID (both located at the top of the screen)
- You can search by county or address (in the search box at the top right corner of the map)
- Or you can simply zoom into an area on the map.
3. Once you have entered in your search parameters, click the orange “SEARCH” button on the right hand top corner of the screen.
4. After clicking “SEARCH”, the map will zoom into your selected location. From here, you have a few options on how you can select your specific land boundaries. The first option is by using the CLU boundaries (Common Land Unit - CLU boundaries are derived from relatively permanent features such as fence lines, roads, tree lines, and/or waterways.) You can do this by toggling on the “CLU Boundaries” option in the top left corner. From there, you can simply click the pieces of property you want included in the report.
5. The next way you can choose your property for your report, is by using the parcel boundaries. Simply toggle on the “Parcel Boundaries” on the left hand side, and select the specific parcels you would like to be included in your property report.
6. The third and final way you can select the property you wish to report on, is by drawing the boundaries yourself. First, click the “Draw Polygon” tool on the left hand side. Then, simply click to draw the boundaries around the land you wish to run in the property report. You can also use the tools below the draw tool to edit the sides of the shape you drew, remove certain sections you don’t wish to be included in the report, or delete the shape altogether.
7. Once you have selected the land for your property report, simply click the orange “NEXT” button at the bottom right of the screen.
8. Next, you will be viewing the same map, but you will now have the opportunity to select the tillable acres on the property if you know them. You can do this the same way as selecting the property boundaries: with the CLU boundaries, the parcel boundaries, or by using the polygon tool to draw the tillable acre boundaries on your own. If you do not know them or wish to skip this portion, you can by simply clicking “Skip” next to “Tillable Acres” on the right of the screen. Or you can select the tillable acres then click “NEXT” at the bottom of the screen.
9. Once you have selected your option, a box will appear for you to name your report. Simply enter any name you wish. This will also be the name of the shape file that will be saved to your portal map. You can also choose to save your report to a specific folder in. your portal. Once you have named your report & chosen where to save it, click “Save” to begin running the property report.
10. You will automatically be taken back to your Enterprise portal. The map will automatically zoom into the area where your selected property is located. You will notice that the parcels you ran your report on have now been added as a shape file to your map. You will notice the shape file link in the folder you selected. The property reports take anywhere from 1-5 minutes to download, once it has, you will see a grey PDF file populate right next to the shape file in your selected folder.
11. Once your report has completed, you can download the PDF version of your full property report by clicking the 3 black dots next to the PDF link and clicking "Download".
If you have any questions or run into any problems, you can reach out directly to your Customer Success Manager or you can submit a support ticket by emailing email@example.com